- HMRC has a data sharing program with all UK exchanges.
- HMRC has transaction data from as far back as 2014.
- HMRC has access to the KYC information you provided to exchanges or wallets.
- HMRC has been working with large crypto exchanges to share customer information.
- HMRC uses this information to send reminders to report crypto and pay taxes.
- Coinbase began contacting customers with more than £3,000 in crypto in January 2022 to inform them of information sharing with HMRC.
How do you feel about HMRC tracking your crypto transactions? Let us know in the comments!